Roasted/Fried Squash Seeds
- Cut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Remove the stringy pulp from the seeds as best you can.
- Soak the seeds in salty water overnight.
- Heat some vegetable oil over medium heat. When hot, add the seeds.
- Shake the pan a bit and cover. Keep shaking or stirring occasionally to keep it from burning. Fry them until they shells turn a light brown. They might start popping out of the pan so keep a lid handy.
- When done, you can add a little more salt if you like. Let cool on a paper towel and then eat. There's only enough for a snack really. Too bad.
Mostly following this recipe
thread in vegrecipes