Pour some wine, slice some fresh bread, and enjoy!
Angelnina's Italian Sausage and Pasta Soup
1 pound Italian sausage (casings removed)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 32 oz box chicken stock
1 (14.5 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
1 cup sliced carrots
2 small zucchini, cubed
2 cups torn spinach
1/4 tsp salt
package fresh Four Cheese large ravioli pasta pillows [I used tortelloni]
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown sausage with garlic. Stir in broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini. Cover, and simmer another 10 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Add pasta and cook 5 more minutes
- Remove from heat, and add spinach. Replace lid allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. Soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of fresh parmesan reggiano cheese.
Recipe from: http://angelninas.livejournal.com/21503.html