Lobster, cheese, and onion in the pastry shell before being cooked
Yield: Serves 6
1 cup cut-up lobster meat (I used the meat from 2 soft-shell lobsters)
1 cup shredded dill Havarti cheese
1/3 cup minced onion
9-inch pastry shell, unbaked
2 cups light cream
1/3 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sprinkle lobster, cheese, and onion into pastry shell.
- Beat eggs. Pour cream into eggs, add seasonings, and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into pastry shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 425F, then reduce heat to 300F. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted one inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Let quiche stand 10 minutes before serving.
Modified this recipe from Yankee Magazine's Great New England Recipes